INTERNET PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Last updated: June 1, 2020.
Flex-Tech Hose & Tubing, LLC and its affiliates, and related tradenames or trademarks (collectively, “Company,” “We,” “Our,” or “Us”) believes that your privacy on the Internet is extremely important, and We are committed to protecting it. For this reason, We do not trade, sell or rent your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “Personal Information”) to any third parties.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Site is NOT intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect (nor do we wish to collect) Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn We have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
If We change our collection practices in the future, We will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children. If at any time We establish or begin providing services on the Site that in anyway meets the criteria of Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) we will ensure that full compliance is met in every aspect of COPPA.
Due to the fact We do NOT collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 We also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to any third parties.
We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of 18 to become customers, access and use the Site in general, or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Company Collect?
We collect several types of information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. This information may include information that (i) personally identifies you, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”), (ii) is about you but does not identify you, and/or (iii) is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site and usage details. We do not collect or process any data based upon the following: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union memberships; genetic or biometric data; health or mortality; sexual orientation. Here are the types of information We do collect:
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Company’s product or services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of Our Services.
Automatic Information:We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Company’s product or services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Company. Like many Sites, We use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and We obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses the Sites or Company’s services and other content served by or on behalf of Company on other Sites. Click here to see examples of what we collect.
Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from Our carriers, which We use to correct Our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. Click here to see additional examples of the information we receive.
- Web Beacons: We may use electronic images known as web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) on our Site in order to recognize users, assess traffic patterns, identify preferred content and measure Site engagement. We may also include web beacons in Our e-mail messages, including e-newsletters, in order to count how many e-mail messages have been opened. We and Our service partners (including Google) also may use web beacons to collect various data provided by your browser while you are on our Site and elsewhere (i.e., outside of our Site) where We may be acting as a third party. This data is collected in the aggregate, but may include or be associated with other non-personally identifiable information or Personal Information that you have voluntarily submitted.
- Analytics: Analytic tools such as Google Analytics™ (“Analytic Services”) are being used with this Site which transmits Site traffic data to servers in the United States. These Analytic Services do not collect Personal Information, identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data. We do not share any Personal Information with our Analytic Services in connection with their performing of any services on Our Site. We use reports provided by Analytic Services to help Us understand Site traffic and webpage usage. You may opt out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on found here.
For What Purposes Does Flex-Tech Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any Personal Information, to operate, provide, develop, and to improve the products and services that We offer Our customers. These purposes include:
- Site. We use your information to present Our Site and its contents to you, and to notify information about changes to Our Site or any products or services We offer or provide through it.
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your Personal Information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Company services. We use your Personal Information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Company’s services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your Personal Information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your Personal Information to communicate with you in relation to Company’s services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Carry Out and Enforce Obligations. We use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection.
- Advertising. We use your Personal Information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use Personal Information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of Our customers, Flex-Tech, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Cookies and Similar Tools
A cookie is a small data file that is written to a computer's hard drive by a web browser. A cookie file can automatically collect information, such as a user identification code or IP address that a Site will use to track the pages and number of times you have visited. The data read from these cookies may be linked to personally identifying information (PII) and non-personally identifying information (non-PII).
Cookies fall into the subcategories below.
Essential Cookies. Certain cookies are used for specific purposes that are essential to your secure use and navigation of the Site. Without them, We may not be able to provide core Site functions and features to you, and the Site would not operate as well as you or We would like. These cookies collect and use information such as your server preferences, single-session data and corresponding identifier, web beacons and log files, and other credential-related information. Essential cookies also help inform Company whether you require, or have already been served, an affirmative consent request in connection with Our data policies. Essential cookies also include analytics cookies, which provide Us data that allows Company to better understand Our users and improve the Site based on what We have learned from that data.
Preference Cookies. Other cookies are used to collect and process information about your preferences and similar choices in connection with the Site in order to optimize your browsing experience. Preference cookies include social media cookies, which collect information about your social media usage and other data you may have provided in connection with such usage (if you access the Site through a social media Site or mobile application, you may have social media cookies). If you wish to modify or change your social media cookies, please visit and review the settings related to your applicable social media account(s).
Does Company Share Your Personal Information?
Information about Our customers is an important part of Our business, and We are not in the business of selling Our customers’ Personal Information to others. We share customers’ Personal Information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to Personal Information as needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Fulfilling the Purpose. We use Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design Our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of Personal Information. Our security procedures mean that We may occasionally request proof of identity before We disclose Personal Information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do Our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to Our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
What About Advertising?
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Sites: The Site may include third-party advertising and links to other Sites and applications. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you if you choose to interact with their content, advertising, and services. We do not provide access to any Personal Information collected on Our sites to third-party advertisers. By clicking a link provided on the Company’s Site that takes you off a Company Site, you are no longer covered by any of the Company’s policies. You will need to review and agree to the policies of any third-party site.
What Information Can I Access?
If you have an account on Our Site, you can access and review your Personal Information, including your name, address, profile information, and purchase history by logging into the "Your Account" section of the Site. If you do not maintain an account on Our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the Personal Information We have on record.
We do not store payment information. Credit card data is transmitted via an encrypted format to Our PCI-compliant, authorization service provider then deleted from Our systems. With regard to credit card data, the only information retained by Us is the type of credit card and the last four digits of the credit card number for reference and refund purposes only. No additional charges can be made against a card once an order has been submitted.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how We collect and use your Personal Information, please contact Our Customer Service on the Contact Us page.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Company’s services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in What Information Can I Access?. When you update information, any prior versions are stored only as they relate to previous interactions.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your Newsletter options in your account profile or contact Customer Service to review additional options.
- If you want to browse our Site without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your Personal Information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service on the Contact Us page. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your Personal Information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address:
1(800)251-0001 TechnicalService@us-egi.com www.flextechhose.com.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding Our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
General Data Protections Regulation
Contacting Data Controller
Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.
© Copyright 2020, Flex-Tech Hose & Tubing, LLC All Rights Reserved.
Related Practices and Information
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Company Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Flex-Tech Services;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- compile Wish Lists registries;
- provide and rate Reviews;
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply Us with such Personal Information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- limited payment information;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your addresses;
- content of reviews and e-mails to Us;
- corporate information;
Examples of the Personal Information We collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads,
- purchase and content use history,
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from Our Sites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call Our customer service number
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and Our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of Personal Information We receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from Our carriers or other third parties, which We use to correct Our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- search results and links, including paid listings
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which We use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of Personal information you can access through Company services include:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts and newsletters);
- Wish Lists;
- your profile (including your product Reviews, and personal profile)